Programs Policy & Planning
Working with local and state officials, Residents advocates for realistic, effective and forward-looking policies and plans that support its vision for Port Washington’s wellbeing now and in the coming years. We also recommend the best ways to take action pursuant to these policies and plans and gauge their effectiveness. Residents Participates in Town of North Hempstead’s Visioning Committee on key projects that will shape Port’s future including:
- Dredging of Manhasset Bay
- Restoration of Mill Pond
- Expansion of Baywalk on the West side of Shore Road led by the Village of Port North
- Creation of a long term sustainable master plan for parking and traffic.
- Planning and development of the 400 acres of open space made available by Nassau County along Hempstead Harbor consisting of two parcels on either side of Shore Road: the sandpits and the waterfront
- Traffic calming
- Main Street Revitalization
Our programs are our primary vehicles for sharing our passion for, and commitment to, the environmental health of our wonderful community. Because our members share this passion and commitment, we offer you a number of opportunities to support Residents for a More Beautiful Port Washington by supporting our programs and related initiatives. Please visit our Support Us page to learn more about these opportunities. Or, contact us and we’ll be happy to provide any information you need.